The following is a document intended to outline measures being taken by the Granite Games to prevent the spread of COVID-19, as well as measures expected to be taken by key stakeholder groups while onsite.
In the midst of rapidly changing recommendations for COVID-19 precautions and requirements, this document is not intended to be comprehensive or permanent.
Any local, state, or federal mandates stricter than those outlined below will supersede this document.
All Stakeholder Groups
- All groups are expected to follow protocols outlined in official event documents and agreements.
- All groups are expected to follow local, state and federal mandates in place at the time of the event.
- All groups are expected to follow general prevention measures when possible such as frequent hand washing, social distancing, avoiding unnecessary person-to-person contact, etc.
- All onsite personnel are expected to take a reasonable amount of personal responsibility to keep the event as safe as possible to mitigate any chance of COVID-19 transmission onsite.
- Athletes will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID test taken a maximum of 72 hours prior to check-in OR proof of vaccination at least 14 days prior to onsite check-in.
- Proof of negative test or vaccination will be done by a visual check of documents at athlete check in. A photo of these documents will suffice as long as your name is clearly visible.
- Following current local, state and federal mask use guidelines, it will be recommended that athletes wear masks while on the event campus but NOT REQUIRED.
Spectator and Sponsors/Vendors
- Spectator tickets are being sold and purchased in accordance with current local guidelines, encouraging safe practices, allowing for 100% capacity.
- Spectators will have General Admission tickets and will be able to sit in any open seat, designated as Spectator seating, at the venue.
- Sponsors and Vendors restricted to the concourse level of the venue will be subject to the same Covid protocol as Spectators.
- Granite Games will follow all local, state, or federal mandates as prescribed by the State of Minnesota and the City of Eagan, as well as regulations put in place by MV Ventures, as it pertains to mask use, social distancing, hygiene and any other Covid protocols. At this time, masks ARE NOT REQUIRED FOR FULLY VACCINATED INDIVIDUALS, but recommended for those not fully vaccinated.
Staff, Volunteers, Vendors and other Onsite Personnel
- Following current local, state and federal mask use guidelines, it will be recommended that Staff, Volunteers and other onsite personnel wear masks while on the event campus but NOT REQUIRED.
- Staff and all onsite personnel will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID test taken a maximum of 72 hours prior to check-in OR proof of vaccination at least 14 days prior to onsite check-in.
- Including, but not limited to: event owners, event operations, head staff, volunteers, broadcast, media, scoring, etc.
- Proof of negative test or vaccination will be done by a visual check of documents upon arrival onsite. A photo of these documents will suffice as long as your name is clearly visible.
- Credentials and building access beyond check-in will not be allowed without prior check of negative test or vaccine.
- There will be NO onsite COVID testing.
- Payment for testing will be the responsibility of the individual, and will not be paid for or supplemented by the event.
- Local testing option:
- ARCpoint Labs Eden Prairie
- P: (952) 426-0841 | F: (952) 426-1423 | [email protected]
6554 Edenvale Blvd
Eden Prairie, MN 55346
- Test Booking Link: https://CV19TestAppointments.as.me/?appointmentType=22976819
- Preferred Granite Games Test Pricing: $98 **Must use provided link
- Hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the spectator concourse and meeting spaces.
- Venue staff and subcontractors will follow current guidelines including but not limited to social distancing, hygiene, mask use, etc.
- Signage will be placed throughout the venue to remind spectators and personnel to follow social distancing and maintain good hygiene through frequent hand washing, etc.
Covid-19 Positive Test (Athlete/Volunteer/Staff
- In the event of a late Positive Test, Patient in question will notify Lead or Director Immediately.
- Patient Must remain out of contact with any other individuals and will be met by the Medical Team Lead to discuss further testing and procedure.
- There must be no contact with any other members of the team.
- In the event of a positive Covid test result, a secondary test may be deemed necessary.
- Following a positive Covid test result, Event/Medical Director will inform team leads and any other relevant parties who may have been in physical contact with the Patient.